Saturday, February 18, 2012

:)

Hey all,


So writing these blogs have not been going all that well. I guess that's what happens when you get really busy. That's a good thing though. My roommates and I are definitely getting out and trying new things in Philly. Just today we went to the zoo. The Philadelphia zoo is the oldest in America. After, we went to Geno's Steaks. We only waited about a half hour. It was soo delicious! There is a huge standing competition between Geno's and Pat's. They are two VERY famous cheese steak places. Funny thing is they are across the street from each other. I even ordered like a pro. My internship is really going well. My co-workers are very welcoming and extremely helpful. I have been to meetings, court-hearings, home visits, and been able to make phone calls and such. I am learning a lot and getting a lot of exposure to the field of social work. My house is still pretty cold, but I am getting used to it. I have been sleeping on the couch to keep warm. Luckily it has been working.  Last weekend three of my roommates friends came to Philly. Two stayed with us! It felt like a big sleepover. Paula, cooked for us! She made homemade pancakes, banana bread, and chocolate cake. YUM! We also went to the aquarium in New Jersey last weekend. It was so, so much fun! We got to touch a baby shark and string rays. Last Sunday we went to a great church. I am pretty sure that I will continue to go there throughout the semester. I am coming home next weekend! Tuesday is my birthday! So much fun stuff going on right now in my life. Philly is great! God is amazing!



(My sandwich)



Love,

KT

No comments:

Post a Comment