Thursday, February 2, 2012

Exploring!

Hello all,

Its yours truly reporting in from Antarctica aka my apartment!  So yesterday was 65 degrees out! My two friends and I spent 3 hours in Old City exploring! We saw Ben Franklin's grave site, Betsey Ross's house, bits of foundation from George Washington's house, Elfreth Alley(Our nation's oldest residential street), the first ever Quaker meeting place, a few gardens, and the American Philosophical society. Oh, and before that I had my first interview. It went well and she gave me an offer to work there. I would have my own desk and computer in an office with other younger social workers. It seemed like a good fit for me because there would be a lot to do. It would actually be intense work not just administration stuff. I still wanted to go to another interview or two before I made my ultimate choice. Last night my friend Elizabeth and I walked downtown for a couple hours. We stopped and tried a Philly pretzel it was so yummy. It was cinnamon sugar! Today I did a lot of little errands. Bought a pair of shoes, worked out, cleaned up the apartment, etc. Tonight I went to this Identity Seminar that was put on by the Center. It was really interesting and a lot of fun. I skyped with my daughter Hilary tonight!! It was so lovely to get caught up on happenings at Alma. Last but not least, I have another interview tomorrow! Its at the Support Center for Child Advocates. yay!!


High- finding these shoe pads that help me fit in my two pair of shoes!
Low- The fact that this website will not let me upload pictures some days!

KTTTT


No comments:

Post a Comment