Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'll treat this couch better than a baby!

Good Day fellow viewers, I hope you read this blog in high spirits! Today was my first day of class. I was under the impression that I would not have class the first couple of weeks. Surprise, surprise..I had a 2.5 hour class. It seems interesting, but to early to tell that I am going to love it or not. I already have a bit of homework. Nothing I can't handle, but I don't want to worry about it in the scheme of doing everything else. Today we dedicated to finding furniture. As a group we decided to rent furniture. I was super happy with this decision, mostly because I did not/pretty much refused to sleep on a gross mattress. The couches, chairs, dining room table, coffee table, beds, microwave is super nice! It is worth the monthly cost I think. We sign our lease tomorrow at noon tomorrow! Ekk! I also set up for electric too! It was super easy and you can pay online! Also there is another group of students renting in the same complex and one happens to be a good friend that I have made while being here. I was really excited. After getting furniture and electric squared away we had a social awareness seminar and Philly 101. Basically that means that alumni come and answer any and all questions we have about Philly. I might have asked where someone who is turning 21 should go on their birthday. I mean for anyone that might apply to, you know? Then I spent the evening walking around with friends in Old City. We saw a lot and it was so nice! Such as an ice skating rink overlooking the Delaware river, the Liberty Bell, and a Great Irish monument. Then we came back and checked out a local gym that is really reasonably priced. After, we spent some time watching more magic tricks and played a game of euchare. It was a pretty stress free day. Moving day on Saturday! So excited!

High-Finding nice furniture and having it delivered on Saturday!
Low- My foot kinda hurts.

Fun fact- America's Most Historic Mile is in Philadelphia!

BYEE!,
Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment