Friday, January 27, 2012

Waiting, not the game I want to play!

Good morning,


So the waiting game begins. Every morning a list called the caucus is updated about potential interviews or further instruction about contacting potential supervisors. Thursday was a pretty okay day. The morning was slow moving, but followed an amazing lunch at Max Brenners. In Philly this week is restaurant week. Which means that fancy, expensive places offer a discounted lunch for twenty bucks. The food was really great and I enjoyed the experience. The afternoon did not consist of much excitement. Waiting around for the initial caucus posting. At 4:00pm someone from the city came and talked about volunteer opportunities in Philly. There is so many ways one can give back to the city. At five we had a homelessness colloquium. It was really informative and inspiring for this man to give his story. There are so many different stories about the homeless population and it is truly heartbreaking to hear people talk about stereotype them.  Last night, my housemates and Jon came over and we played euchare. My partner, Elizabeth, and I won best two out of three! I'm not sure what the weekend brings, but as of now I am just waiting for that list. I can't believe it is 62 degrees out, but it is raining.

(This is the dessert I had yesterday!)

Low: Feeling bored
High: Hoping for much fun this weekend!








Love,
KT

No comments:

Post a Comment