Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life is a highway.. heck no. It's a rollercoaster!

Telling by the title of my blog you can only imagine that today has been quite a day. Luckily, with a happy ending! It started o ff pretty decently. We learned a lot about the placement process and what we should expect. We spent a lot of the day walking around looking at places to live. I had a great lunch at Little Italy! We thought we would really like this place and then didn't like the neighborhood so we were so bummed. I thought I was not going to be able to room with two of my friends that I have made. At the end of the day I got an apartment that I am sooo happy with! There is five of us total. I have two roommates which is a bit tight, but definitely doable! Its a two bedroom, two bath, living room and kitchen. It has carpet, washer,dryer, frig, and oven! Plus it has a doorman and is very safe! I just am sooo happy about it. We are also living with two international students from China. Tonight for dinner I went with a bunch of people to a Viennese dinner. I actually liked it!  It was really cool to sit by and chat with a kid from Vietnam and hear about his culture. So I'm a happy girl!! I have included a picture of the complex.


Low: Seeing the neighborhood of the apartment we really wanted. It didn't feel very safe.
High: The relief of having a place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment