Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunday and Monday

Well Monday is over! Hooray for that. Well, Mondays are not really that bad..except being in class for 7ish hours. I have my Power and Authority class in the morning and Abnormal Psych at night. Today for class we met at the 30th street station, which is an Amtrak station. We observed power and authority by using our five senses. Of course I felt obligated to buy a chocolate chip muffin to make sure I had every sense covered. Opps. In the afternoon my roomies and I went to the Magic Gardens. It was fantastic! I have never seen anything like it before. Magic Gardens is, "Philadelphia's Magic Gardens is a folk art environment, gallery space, and nonprofit organization that showcases the work of mosaicist Isaiah Zagar. Located at the site of Zagar's largest public mosaic installation, the Magic Gardens includes a fully mosaicked indoor gallery and a massive outdoor labyrinthine mosaic sculpture. The installation, primarily consisting of found objects and contributions from the community, covers half a city block with myriads of tile, texture, and color. A walk through the labyrinth will reveal sculptures from Latin America and Asia, bicycle wheels from local South Street shop Via Bicycles, Zagar's hand-made tiles, and mirrors of every shape and size."-taken right from the website. Tonight we had a mini kick off bible study which turned out to be pretty good. My friend made homemade cookies, yum yum! Yesterday I went to a church in Philly too. It was good and the pastor was from Holland, Michigan. After church we went to a Chinese New Year parade. Although, it only existed of like four dragons and firecrackers. Not like I imagined, but still pretty cool. I even got in a Sunday afternoon nap. First nap in a LONG time. It was lovely. I am still waiting on interviews, so I am going to take advantage of exploring the city! I'm done with classes for the week. I talked to my grandma today and she had mentioned coming home for a long weekend sometime. I had never really gave it much thought, but I started to consider it. I looked up flights in March and came up with $256 dollars round trip. Not bad. Any advice or suggestions? Please privately message me on FB. I want to hear your thoughts on possibly making the trip home. I am pretty tired so I should call it a night.

Love you all!

Low- Hearing a man scream at a women for riding her bike to close to his. It was scary. Really scary. There were plenty of men watching and they would not stick up for her. It was sickening.

High- Probably seeing the art!

 Sunday's picture of the parade
 At the Magic Gardens!



No comments:

Post a Comment